Brian Raphael Nabors (b.1991, Birmingham, AL) is a composer of emotionally enriching music that tells exciting narratives with its vibrant themes and colorful harmonic language.
Nabors' music has been performed by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Nashville Symphony Orchestra, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, and ROCO Chamber Orchestra. His music has been performed at many events across the US, including the Texas Music Educators Association Conference (TMEA), the Midwest Composers Symposium, and the International Double Reed Society Conference (IDRS). He has also been performed by artists such as the Atlanta Chamber Players, Dallas's Voices of Change, Boston Musica Viva and the Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings. His work has been featured in masterclasses with composers such as William Bolcom, John Harbison, and Lowell Liebermann.
With an eclectic musical palate and crafty compositional technique to match, Nabors’ music draws from combinations of Jazz Funk, R&B, and Gospel with the modern flair of contemporary classical music. This interesting blend of sound worlds is one that continues to craft his unique musical voice.
He was named the 2018-19 Composer-in-Residence with the Castle of Our Skins organization in Boston, MA; a 2019 composer fellow in the American Composer’s Orchestra Earshot program with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra; a 2019 composer fellow with the Nashville Symphony Orchestra’s Composer Lab; and 2019 cycle five grand prize winner of the Rapido! National Composition Contest by judges Robert Spano, Jennifer Higdon, and Michael Gandolfi. Nabors is also a 2020 Fulbright scholarship recipient to Sydney, Australia, studying with composer Carl Vine at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
Nabors earned both a Doctor of Musical Arts and Master of Music degree in Composition at the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM Prior to graduate studies, he obtained a Bachelor of Music Theory & Composition degree from the School of the Arts at Samford University.
- 7 Dances for Flute, Clarinet & Cello - $65.00
- Bootleg Hoedown for Clarinet,Violin,Cello & Piano - $41.00
- Caged for String Quintet - $65.00
- Iubilo for Chamber Orchestra - $15.95
- Linstead Market for String Quartet - $35.95
- Nimbus Volare for Solo Flute & Wind Ensemble - $28.95
- Onward for Orchestra - $45.00
- Piano Sonata for Solo Piano - $15.95
- Piano Trio for Violin, Cello & Piano - $50.00
- Pulse for Orchestra - $36.95
- Pulsel(chamber) for Large Chamber Ensemble - $45.00
- Pulse (Version 2) for Reduced Orchestra - $41.00
- Rhapsody for Trombone and Piano for Trombone & Piano - $20.95
- Sonata for Cello and Piano for Cello, Piano - $35.95
- Sonata for Flute and Piano for Flute & Piano - $41.00
- Sonata for Oboe and Piano for Oboe & Piano - $33.95
- Theme and Variations for Alto Flute for Alto Flute - $12.95
- Theme and Variations for Solo Violin for Violin - $12.95
- Until Dawn for Woodwind Quintet - $72.00
- We Wear the Mask for Tenor, Flute, Bassoon, Viola, Percussion & Piano - $30.95