Mark Andrew Cook
Dr. Mark Andrew Cook is the Director for Music Theory and Composition at Shepherd University. He also serves on the Jazz Faculty. Additionally, he serves as Guest Lecturer in Music Theory and Composition for the Barbara Ingram School for the Arts.
He holds Masters and Doctoral degrees in Music Theory from The Benjamin T. Rome School of Music within The Catholic University of America and a BMed from the Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University. At Catholic University, he studied Music Theory under Steven Gerhardt Strunk, Composition under Gerald Francis Muller and Conducting under Robert Wayne Ricks.
An active composer, his works have been performed at College Music Society conferences and the National Convention of the Society of Composers. He has garnered numerous awards and accolades, including Master Composer status from International Music Prizes in Composition, WVMTA Composer of the Year, and international premiere performances at the Alba Music Festival.
- Meditations Upon Saints for Organ - $22.95
- Sundogs A Concert Overture for Orchestra for Orchestra - $28.95
- Symphony for Wind Ensemble (parts) for Wind Ensemble - $150.00
- Symphony for Wind Ensemble (score) for Wind Ensemble - $50.00
- Trio for Flute, Oboe and Bassoon for Flute, Oboe & Bassoon - $22.95
- Waking for Soprano & Piano - $22.95