Preparing Digital Music Files for Production
Guidelines & Requirements
Below are guidelines for size and format of digital files.
Engraving: (Sibelius, Finale, SCORE 1)Format page size and margins as follows:
- Score (large orchestra or Lg. Band – 25 staves or more) 11” x 17” or 11”x14” page size, Margins should be 0.7” all around.
- Score (small orchestra, chamber ensemble, solo, vocal, etc.) 8½” x 11” page size, margins top & bottom, 0.35”, left & right, 0.55”. The top and bottom margins are small because when we print at 9x12 or 9½x13 size the proportion allows for a taller page height.
- Parts (all inst.) 8½ x 11 page size, margins T/B 0.35”, L/R 0.55”. recommended staff size for parts is .25” or .62mm2. A comfortable layout will have between 8 and 10 staves per page. (page turns on odd pages).
Printing to PDF:
- Print to same paper size as file as stated above.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure to embed all fonts.
- Please do not engrave scores at sizes other than 11x17 (ledger) 11x14 or 8½x 11 (letter)
- PORTRAIT ORIENTATION ONLY
David Murray, Editor and Publishing Manager
Subito Music Corporation
1 SCORE program - Image height should not exceed 13.5” (combined) for Large Scores and 10.5” for the smaller size
2 Our system increases the smaller size by 7% when printing at 9x12 size and 11% when printing to 9½ x 13 size. These are the standard sizes that we use for folios and orchestral parts respectively. When setting staff sizes, bear in mind that the image will increase in size according to the numbers stated above. 11x17 & 11x14 scores will print at 100% size.