JOEL⠀FEIGIN (b: New York City, 1951) is a composer whose works have been widely praised for their "very strong impact, as logical in musical design as they are charged with emotion and drama." (Opera Magazine). His opera, Twelfth⠀Night, based on the play by William Shakespeare, was chosen for New York City Opera’s VOX Showcase series. His opera Mysteries⠀of⠀Eleusis was performed at the Moscow Conservatory and the Russian-American Operatic Festival. Commissions include a Fromm Commission for Aviv:⠀Concerto⠀for⠀Piano⠀and⠀Chamber⠀Orchestra, written for Yael Weiss, as well as piano works for Margaret Mills and Leonard Stein, two orchestral works for the Santa Barbara Youth Symphony, and many chamber works. His CDs include the North/South Recordings 2-CD set, Transience, as well as two major piano works performed by Margaret Mills in Meditations⠀and⠀Overtones on Cambria Master Recordings. Feigin’s Lament⠀Amid⠀Silence CD is on the MSR label (MS1413), and features violist Helen Callus. A Professor of Composition at the University of California Santa Barbara, Dr. Feigin studied with Nadia Boulanger at Fontainebleau and with Roger Sessions at The Juilliard School.
- Aviv: Concerto for Piano and Chamber Orchestra for Solo Piano, Chamber Orchestra (2-2-0-2; 0-2-0-0; strings) - $90.00
- Four Elegies for Piano - $16.95
- Mosaic in Two Panels for String Quartet - $42.00
- Mosaic in Two Panels for String Quartet - $53.00
- Mountains and Rivers Trio for Violin, Cello, Piano - $53.00
- On the Death of Our Young for Cello, Piano - $21.95
- Twelfth Night for Opera in Two Acts - $100.00